Date(s) - 26/03/2015 - 27/03/2015
Thursday the 26th March (09:00-18:00) Conference “Assuring the integrity of the food chain: food authenticity research priorities and funding opportunities”.
This conference will present the latest research outputs from the FoodIntegrity project and present details of funding opportunities for research on food authenticity.
• Speakers from regulatory, industry and consumer sectors
Latest research from FoodIntegrity
• The development of an early warning system for predicting food fraud
• A European expert network on food authenticity
• A European knowledgebase on analytical methodology and databases for food authenticity
• Chinese consumer attitudes to European products
Research priorities and calls
• Establish how researchers can apply to access the 2015 FoodIntegrity research calls
• Present Horizon 2020 strategic requirements in the food sector
• Present future research on food authenticity
Friday the 27th March (09:00-14:00) will be dedicated to interesting workshops on this topic:
- Workshop: “Keeping safety and integrity in the food chain: A view from many sides”
Food integrity and food safety are intimately connected (e.g. ‘a food whose origin is unknown cannot be assured to be safe’), and food integrity is a key element of the current concept of food safety, bringing a new layer of complexity to what is already a massive challenge – assuring the safe supply of foods. This workshop brings together scientists, industry representatives, consumer groups and regulators to address the role of food integrity in assuring food safety in a debate that aims to provide a clearer picture of the key issues.
• Food Safety and Labelling in the EU: new labelling regulation
• Horse meat scandal: lesson learned
• Industry needs regarding integrity and authenticity
• Tailor-made solutions to control the integrity of food products
- Workshop: “Developing a network of expertise in food analysis”
- Workshop: “Early Warning System”
For full details visit the website: http://www.azti.es/foodintegrity/